The Vernal Equinox has passed. It’s time for predictions.
Some ground rules:
1) Pick the Braves to win. Seriously. Just give up not doing so. I hate this rule, but if I’d followed it even once since 1991, I’d have picked better.
2) Pick the Royals for last.
3) If you’re really inspired, list the order of finish for each division in each league. If you’re lazy, pick each division winner and the wild card for each league.
4) Pick the MVP and Cy Young. Don’t pick Rookie of the Year, unless you pay more attention to the minor leagues than I do.
5) As you do your calculations, remember that Operation Shutdown is, so far as I know, still in effect. The Pirates will not have the use of the services of Derek Bell.
Play Ball, boys!*
*and girls. Girls are encouraged to post. Got lots of female friends who are rabid fans, don’t want to slight ’em.